Tuesday, June 12, 2012

There and Back Again

Here we go! Okay so Thursday we will be going back to Haiti and I am pumped. Ronald will be our guide again, we are going to be doing water and coffee missions and may even get a beach day out of it.  As of now I have packed nothing, aside from my Camelbak which is drying and a few tee shirts and such but I will have plenty of time for that tomorrow. The plan is that we are going to be working in two communities, Chadirac and Fond Baptiste, both are a few hours north of Port Au Prince (PAP) and are both apparently stunningly beautiful. I will be taking some video with my phone and another camera so be on the look out for photos and stuff.
Unfortunately we won't be in for the long treks across the country that I looked forward to every day last year, but I am pretty sure that I was the only one that looked forward to them. My definition of fun is a little bit off the norm.
I can't express how excited I am to go back to the island. It blows me away that this time last year, I didn't even care if we went or not. The whole adventure aspect of it is right up my alley and I never saw it coming. It's amazing how God can grow us in ways we never expected.

If this ends up being the blog that people read to find out what's going on in Haiti, this is our contact info in the worst case scenario:

June 14th night - Cabaret Guesthouse
June 15 - 20 - Le Xaragua

Stacy Williams is the 410Bridge staff person on call. She can be reached at (770)330-9547 if you need to be reached while we are in Haiti. She will get emergency messages to us.
Wish us luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home