Friday, January 13, 2012

$1.00 Sunken Treasure 1/12/12

Today we are going to Catalina Island where unfortunately there will be no wine mixer and helicopter sales.  I'm really excited just at the chance that there might be surf.  I haven't been in so long. I'm writing this right now in the bus because we have like 2 hours to drive. Side note, we just passed Casa del Toyota haha. We got on the boat to go to Catalina and we met up with the other SCORE missionaries. I sat on the bow and hung out with some medical missionaries on the way.  We stopped about 100 yards from the shore and we jumped off the upper deck. We also had the option to snorkel which I partook in after I made sure the whole team jumped. I swam about 15 ft down to touch the bottom and got a piece of drift wood for Brady. We got on the boat and went to another part of the island where we took another boat to the beach. We got Wes to knock down a coconut and I cut it open. It was terrible. I then discovered you could buy them at a stand down the beach. Those were much better.

We hung out and snorkeled more and technically I found sunken treasure in the form of 35 pesos on the ocean floor.  After we ate on the island we hung out for a few more hours. We went back to the boat and encountered really rough seas on the way back to the main island. Those of us on the bow got soaked but it was still cool.  I never did get to surf, it was a lake out there.  In reality I didn't do much of anything but that was nice. We went to the SCORE hotel after dinner to learn more about SCORE. I might try to intern here sometime, this island has just been amazing all over. I love the way the Dominican people do things here, and I love what God is doing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home