Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last minute thoughts

Right now I am sitting in the oakbridge center and as usual when I leave for a trip or something like that I am sure that I forgot something. I'm not too worried though, it's only a week. I tweeted last last night to Paul Walker's organization Reach Out Worldwide since they got their start in Haiti and I got a retweet.

We showed up at Lampbert airport 3 hours early only to have to wait at least 2 hours to be able to check our bags and go through security. We were in the part of lampbert that was torn up by the tornado a few months ago. It is still a wreck from then. Plywood is still covering at least 2/3 of the windows. I am not trying to read too much in to anything but it really provoked the thought that we are going abroad to serve while there is such a need where we are, especially Joplin. We were the only group there aside from a few soldiers that were trying to get some sleep. When we finally got our bags checked and got through security, the flight to Miami was really uneventful. I'm sure I'll write more later but for now that's pretty much it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home